Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Petoskey: Day 1

Cherie, Kelly, Ben, Ashley, and I are on our annual week in Petoskey, camping out at the state park. We've done this several years in a row, maybe 10 or 11, maybe more. It's my favorite spot in Michigan. The campground is on the shore of Little Traverse Bay, surrounded by pine trees, sandy beach, great swimming, and great biking country.

We arrived in the afternoon to find wind, sun and clouds scudding along at a rapid clip. We got the campground set up quickly, took the dogs for a walk, and then Dakota, Kelly, and Ashley went swimming. I waited for later because it was too windy to set up an umbrella for shade on the beach. After a 2 mile run, Dakota and I went swimming.

It started to rain as we got ready for bed and rained pretty hard for part of the night, although when I woke up and walked to the restroom at 4.30 it was brilliantly clear with stars everywhere.

It's supposed to be windy today, but we hope to ride our bikes this afternoon anyway. My first stop this morning (after Glen's for devotions and coffee) will be Johann's for their cream cheese danishes! It's going to be a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, San Francisco art museum, camping, relaxing in Laguna Woods…some things NEVER change. Worst part of the whole thing is mom and dad would never believe me when I told them you were a "gold bricker" during our chore time growing up!!

Dan

juniorj said...

that sounds like good family fun. you should post some pics.

Murf said...

I SHOULD post some pics. That is a good idea. I need to..you know...actually take some.

Dan the man: Gold-bricker, eh? You need to come ride DALMAC with me so I can watch you suffer! Hahaha!