Sunday, September 2, 2012

DALMAC Day 5

We woke up to another gorgeous day on the final day of DALMAC. Today was truly going to be an easy day, only 55 miles.

First stop was the only Starbucks anywhere along our ride route. Ah, Pike Place coffee, so glad to taste you again.

Out of Harbor Springs we followed the tunnel of trees along a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan, one of the most scenic parts of the ride.


YouTube Video


[Sorry about the video commentary, had to make my bro, sweltering in Tampa, jealous]

Cherie and I wore the Army biking jerseys that Matt bought us in celebration of his imminent return from Afghanistan. And yes, there is an actual tunnel of trees.


YouTube Video


[Yes, I know I'm a moron for videoing while going 15mph on my bike. Why do you think they accepted me into the Marines?]

By noon we'd made it to Mackinac! 335ish miles, no flats, no rain, one broken cable, two sore legs, and loved every minute.

Indisputable visual proof.





No comments: